Newcastle 2 vs 2 Hull
Visualisation that shows the smoothed positions of players around the time as indicated. The locations are identified with reference to actions as identified by Opta.
- Despite lining up with a supposed Back 4, Newcastle played the opening half as if with a Back 3 as Coloccini held the central position and Williamson played very wide towards the right wing
Additional comments from Zubair Arshad:
- confirms tiote’s positioning which Anita has been unable to offer in earlier games.
- portrays very well how the space was congested on right due to Cabella + Sissoko, with all the space on left
- the space wasn’t fully exploited by Dummet on left as he’s not a very attacking full back
- in build up play it was very much a “W” formation at the back with neither fullback bombing forward recklessley
- quite funny to see Krul’s positioning change towards second half as he got involved in recycling process
(Click the image to open in larger window)