Job Title: Assistant Accountant
Location: Preferably South West UK-based (commutable to Bath), but UK remote working considered. Must have a current valid UK work permit.
StatsBomb are looking for a self motivated, diligent and detail-oriented Assistant Accountant to join our growing team!
StatsBomb was founded in January 2017 to provide football data and analytics to clubs, media and gambling companies. StatsBomb continually undertake new research and are well known in the analytics industry for providing unique insights into the game. We have developed our own proprietary, industry leading data collection and analytics software with a user-friendly high-vis front end.
StatsBomb have grown from our initial team of 3 at the start of 2017 to over 150 employees based in our Head Office in Bath, UK, in the US and Egypt, and are continuing to grow and expand our operation.
StatsBomb has the most detailed football data available in the industry and is growing fast. Our Finance Team is growing too. We believe one of the best ways to support our growth is to develop our underlying Financial Operations and processes to be best in class alongside our products.
We are looking for an Assistant Accountant to contribute to our growth by supporting our Financial processes to ensure we maintain accurate and up to date records to facilitate efficient and effective decision making throughout the organisation. This role will have particular focus on setting up new customers and suppliers in our Finance system Xero, account and bank reconciliations, invoice handling (incoming and outgoing) and underlying financial and accounting processes. We already work with some of the biggest clubs and federations in the world and this role will be key in supporting them operationally on a day to day basis. The Assistant Accountant will also work closely with the Head of Finance, Sales Operations and Customer Success Teams to ensure the smooth onboarding of new customers.
This role is ideal for a recent graduate or someone in the early stages of their Accountancy career.
- Self motivated and a quick learner, with a proven experience of using your own initiative to develop internal processes
- Able to demonstrate an ability to process financial transactions on a daily basis with a high level of accuracy
- 1 - 2 years’ experience working within a Finance function
- Educational background within Finance or Accounting, degree or AAT level at a minimum
- Practical experience using Xero Accounting software is desirable
- Practical experience and understanding of continuous improvement principles
- A good understanding of key Financial and Accounting principles
- Able to work unsupervised, using own initiative with a proactive and flexible approach
- A good understanding and skill level of using Microsoft Excel and or Google Sheets
- A strong attention to detail, be highly organised with a passion for accuracy
- A strong communicator, fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Multiple languages will be a benefit
- To work with the Head of Finance to ensure daily financial tasks are completed as required
- To ensure the Bank Account is reconciled daily within Xero
- To manage the set up of new customers and suppliers, and subsequent flow of invoices (ingoing and outgoing) within Xero
- To ensure the sales report is updated in a timely manner to reflect the current financial position of customers
- To provide timely, clear and effective communication to internal and external stakeholders when handling their financial queries
- To support the Head of Finance with preparation of regular accounting and financial reports and reconciliations, alongside any other ad hoc tasks as necessary.
‘Working at StatsBomb’
If you think you have the passion, drive and talent to join our exciting and fast paced team, we’d love to hear from you! With excellent career development opportunities and a collaborative and diverse team environment, StatsBomb is an inspiring place to work - as described below by some of our colleagues….
“It is a class place to be and the people are phenomenal. I feel so lucky to spend everyday working with amazing technology, on fascinating projects, as part of the most entertaining industry in the world.
Statsbomb is one of those places where the company’s focus is so exciting that you want to be a part of it...some projects are totally confidential and game changing in the industry which is thrilling to be part of.
Everyday I work in collaboration with industry leaders and learn from experts pushing the boundaries of computer vision, data science and sporting analysis. I have worked in all environments from global investment banking to growing startups and the culture here is like nothing I've seen. We recruit from different cultures all around the world who feel like distant cousins - events like our conference are like a wedding party that brings everyone together!”
Chris, Senior Tech Engineer
“StatsBomb is such a fun and exciting company to work for. Working with, and learning from, diverse and intelligent colleagues in such a supportive and friendly atmosphere is amazing.”
Corinne, Project Manager
"I stepped away from my own company to work for StatsBomb. I love the company I created and the clients I worked with, but being a part of the StatsBomb family, being surrounded by the enthusiasm, the talent, the care and the support of this exciting, diverse and growing company was (and still is) completely worth it."
Kat, Lead Creative
Please email your CV, any links to existing work and a covering letter explaining why you are perfect for the role, along with salary expectations and details of notice period to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Assistant Accountant
Closing Date: 31st December 2020
Salary: Competitive depending on experienceBack to Careers