Job Title: Chief Marketing Officer
Location: Bath, UK
StatsBomb is one of the world’s fastest growing sports data companies. With a focus on innovation, ease of use and delivering insight, we are currently experiencing explosive growth selling data and analytics products to football (soccer) teams, media companies, and gambling institutions. StatsBomb also recently hosted our first ever Innovation in Football Conference, seeing both industry experts and interested fans come together for a day of shared knowledge, learning and entertainment.
As a CMO, you will be responsible for strategic planning and tactical execution of all brand, marketing and communication, and lead generation efforts at StatsBomb. This position will report to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
The role will be an all-rounder with a hands-on style. No task is too small for you, you are driven and want to create and follow the process from the start to the end. You will also be commercially minded, tasked with building a team and a plan to help StatsBomb evolve from one of the fastest growing sports data companies in the world, into the world’s biggest and best company in the sports data space.
A proven track record of building and leading high performance teams in a fast-paced scale-up environment, preferably within a B2B SaaS company, is highly desirable.
What it takes to be successful CMO at StatsBomb
- Proven B2B marketing leadership experience of 7+ years
- Experience leading teams in sports media and software B2B tools or data marketing
- Experience driving demand and revenue, and successfully scaling a company in the growth stage (example from $2M to $10M+ in ARR)
- Deep product marketing experience including driving product launches, market segmentation, pricing and packaging for a specific audience
- Experience building and leading world-class marketing functions
- Inherently collaborative nature
- Ability to lead through effective presentation skills and partnership, enabling you to win hearts and minds of your peers to successfully execute a complex product roadmap
- A sense of urgency and ability to act quickly and decisively, possessing self-confidence to be assertive when taking a position, and not afraid to make decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, preferably across multiple languages
To give you an idea of what kind of person we are looking for, you should understand that everyone in the team works very hands on and with different people and teams. All in all, you’ll have a selection of different hats and have the luxury of influencing a growing business.
The Key Responsibilities Of The Role Include
- Work with CEO and existing team to create and implement a global B2B marketing and communications strategy
- Take full responsibility of marketing, communications, and PR
- Drive effective lead generation strategies and measurement of ROI
- Recruit and create the international marketing team
- Set clear goals for delivering growth in brand metrics and recognition across various countries and languages
- Provide inspirational leadership to marketing teams in a hands-on/executional way; ability to dig into the details and set a high quality bar for all inputs and outputs
- Collaborate with the Sales and Business Units so as to achieve ‘best practices’ and strategic alignment
- Stay current on digital and strategic marketing trends and adjust strategies accordingly
- Promote a work environment that fosters creative thinking, innovation, rational risk-taking and tradeoffs
- Lead & scale the team with vision, empathy, and humour
Why StatsBomb as your next career move?
- We work closely with the biggest football clubs and media companies in the world
- Competitive salary and stock options package
- Flexible working hours
- Combination of office (3 days a week) and home working
- Relocation package
- Casual work environment – with good coffee
- “Have an idea, prove it” culture
To Apply: Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Chief Marketing Officer” and include a cover letter (email body) and CV.Back to Careers