Job Title: Computer Vision Engineer
Location: Remote (in UK, US or Egypt/Cairo)
StatsBomb was founded in January 2017 to provide data, analytics and consultancy to football clubs, media and gambling companies. StatsBomb continually undertake new research and are well known in the analytics industry for providing unique insights into the game of football. We have developed our own proprietary industry leading data collection and analytics software with a user-friendly high-vis front end.
StatsBomb have grown from our initial team of 3 at the start of 2017 to over 200 employees based in the UK, US and Egypt and are continuing to grow and expand our operation. We currently process over 300 games per week across 26 European and American leagues, with over 20 million events every day and cover more than 80 leagues globally.
We have custom built all systems for data collection and our AI driven analytics/insight platform and are currently enhancing and scaling our entire infrastructure to cater for live data collection and analytical modelling, potentially across multiple sports.
About the Role
Statsbomb is looking for two engineers to build the initial computer vision systems and process for our American football product. This includes detection, tracking, and identification of players and events on the field.
- Worked on computer vision, NLP, or other neural net based projects in industry or academia. Traditional (non neural net based) CV work is okay as well.
- Experience working with either static images or video.
- Experience with training custom deep learning models, pre-trained CV models like OpenPose/YOLO, or more traditional frameworks like OpenCV or SciKit-Image.
- Experience with data engineering, writing unit tests, and generally maintaining good code and data quality are a huge bonus.
- Must be strong in computer vision and machine learning and ideally have good software engineering skills or a strong desire to learn and improve in that area.
- Python/pytorch preferred, familiarity with other frameworks and languages welcome.
- Ideally would like sports and in particular, American football / NFL.
- Understand problems and opportunities arising from broadcast sports video.
- Work on both prototypes and production-level computer vision systems.
- Keep abreast of computer vision research, especially in sports.
- Define research directions leading to new Statsbomb products.
How to Apply:
Please send an email to email@example.com with the subject “Computer Vision Engineer” and include CV/resume and a cover letter (email body) answering the following questions:
- Why are you interested in this role?
- How do your skills fit our requirements?
- What available work do you have that helps prove your skill set?
Please note: All candidates will need to already have valid work permit/visa/permission to work status
The Application Process:
- An initial phone screen with standard software engineering coding test
- A take home coding project
- A follow-up call to walk through your response
- Offer or constructive feedback