Data Architects & Engineers
Remote (UK based), or Cairo, Egypt
We're a football analytics startup (both the soccer and American varieties!) We sell data products as well as analysis tools to sports organisations, with a tech stack that includes computer vision, machine learning, stream processing, and web-based dataviz. We count many of the biggest names in football as customers, and your work will have a direct impact on our ability to deliver insights to those customers, driving success on the field.
About The Role
We need to deal with more than a billion rows of data, making it available for ad hoc analysis, turning it into features for machine learning models, and using it to power web apps and visualisations. We're looking for data architects and engineers who can design and build platforms to manage this data in ways that keep our data scientists, software engineers, and customers happy. We're looking to talk to anyone who has experience with any or all of the following:
- Building and maintaining data warehouses, data lakes or feature stores in the cloud
- Working with both ETL and stream processing pipelines
- Complex relational database schemas and advanced SQL
- Performance optimization on PostgreSQL, Redshift etc
- Managing workflow platforms such as Apache Airflow
Ultimately, whatever technologies you've worked with, if you know how to get huge amounts of data from A to B with the minimum amount of pain, we'd like to talk to you.
Please email your CV, salary expectations, notice period, and cover letter or other supporting material to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our process involves:
- An initial phone screening (background and experience, no leetcode, honest).
- A take-home coding test.
- A follow-up call to walk through your test response.
- Offer, or rejection and feedback.
12th November 2020. We will reach out to applicants we want to progress within a week of this date - we are unable to respond to unsuccessful applicants, sorry.Back to Careers