Job Title: Database Administrator/Data Engineer
Location: Bath, UK
Qualified Applicant history:
- Maintained databases for web applications, or reporting and analytics.
- Prepared data for complex ad-hoc reports.
Qualified Applicant skills:
- Modern SQL, including window functions.
- PostgreSQL, including analysing and optimising query performance, and deployment on servers or DBaaS platforms.
- Knowledge of other database systems and paradigms (NoSQL, graph databases etc), and their tradeoffs is desirable.
- Maintain, extend and optimise existing databases, including ETL jobs and application-facing views.
- Prepare data at short notice to support ad-hoc analysis.
- Collaborate with developers to debug issues and optimise queries.
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience. Stock Options. Only three days a week in the office.
To Apply: Please send an email to email@example.com with the subject “Database Administrator/Data Engineer” and include a cover letter (email body), CV, and answers to the following questions:
- Why are you interested in this role?
- How do your skills fit our requirements?