IT Support Engineer
Bath, UK, or remote (UK based)
We're a football analytics startup (both the soccer and American varieties!) We sell data products as well as analysis tools to sports organisations, with a tech stack that includes computer vision, machine learning, stream processing, and web-based dataviz. We count many of the biggest names in football as customers, and your work will have a direct impact on our ability to deliver insights to those customers, driving success on the field.
About The Role
StatsBomb is hiring an IT Support Engineer to help us manage and automate our internal systems. You will be given responsibility for:
- Setting up user accounts in various systems
- Purchasing and tracking employee hardware, and software licenses
- Responding to internal IT issues and enquiries
- Automating as many internal processes as possible
You'd ideally have some experience in the following:
- Email (IMAP, SMTP, DKIM, SPF), and specifically Gmail
- G Suite applications, user management, and security best practices
- Hardware needs of Linux, Mac and Windows users in various more or less technical roles
- Identity management in large organisations (SSO, SAML etc)
- Automation and scripting, with PowerShell, Bash, Python etc
- OpenVPN client setup and debugging
In exchange we can offer you:
- Stock options
- Varied and stimulating challenges, not just helpdesk tickets
- Mentoring directly from the CTO, some of whose job you'll be helping automate
- Mentoring from our DevOps Engineers to open up career paths throughout the organisation
Please email your CV, cover letter or other supporting material, salary expectations and notice period to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working at StatsBomb
If you think you have the passion, drive and talent to join our exciting and fast paced team, we’d love to hear from you! With excellent career development opportunities and a collaborative and diverse team environment, StatsBomb is an inspiring place to work - as described below by some of our colleagues….
“It is a class place to be and the people are phenomenal. I feel so lucky to spend everyday working with amazing technology, on fascinating projects, as part of the most entertaining industry in the world.
Statsbomb is one of those places where the company’s focus is so exciting that you want to be a part of it...some projects are totally confidential and game changing in the industry which is thrilling to be part of.
Everyday I work in collaboration with industry leaders and learn from experts pushing the boundaries of computer vision, data science and sporting analysis. I have worked in all environments from global investment banking to growing startups and the culture here is like nothing I've seen. We recruit from different cultures all around the world who feel like distant cousins - events like our conference are like a wedding party that brings everyone together!”
Chris, Senior Tech Engineer
“StatsBomb is such a fun and exciting company to work for. Working with, and learning from, diverse and intelligent colleagues in such a supportive and friendly atmosphere is amazing.”
Corinne, Project Manager
We are unfortunately unable to respond to unsuccessful applicantsBack to Careers