Job Title: 3D Modeller / Animator
Location: Preferably South West UK-based (commutable to Bath), but UK remote working considered. Must have a current valid UK work permit.
An amazing opportunity for a driven 3D specialist has arisen in our exciting and rapidly growing company.
You will be working alongside Engineers in our product teams to design model, rig and animate characters for new 3D data visualisations for our industry leading analytics platform and occasionally working within the marketing team to assist in the creation of attention grabbing assets.
You will participate in development/strategy sessions to share new design perspectives and ideas and assist in selecting the appropriate graphic and animation styles for projects.
StatsBomb was founded in January 2017 to provide data, analytics and consultancy to football clubs, media and gambling companies. StatsBomb continually undertake new research and are well known in the analytics industry for providing unique insights into the game of football. We have developed our own proprietary industry leading data collection and analytics software with a user-friendly high-vis front end.
StatsBomb have grown from our initial team of 3 at the start of 2017 to over 200 employees based in the UK, US and Egypt and are continuing to grow and expand our operation. We currently process over 300 games per week across 26 European and American leagues, with over 20 million events every day and cover more than 80 leagues globally.
We have custom built all systems for data collection and our AI driven analytics/insight platform and are currently enhancing and scaling our entire infrastructure to cater for live data collection and analytical modelling, potentially across multiple sports.
- Working with our development team to introduce 3D elements to our future products
- Participate in strategy sessions across the company to help decision makers make intelligent decisions on the implementation of 3D design
- Build, texture rig and animate models and support the engineering team to integrate them into our products
- Assist the creative team to integrate 3D into our sales and marketing collateral
To be successful in this role, you must:
- have experience working in a similar role
- have experience of 3DS Max / Maya / Blender / Cheetah
- have the ability to create realistic models of Football Players and Stadiums
- a strong understanding of anatomy
- have experience in rigging 3D models for animation
- have experience in animating characters
- have excellent communication skills
- be technically competent, with an understanding of the requirements of 3D modelling deliverables
- have a flexible, pragmatic, collaborative approach
- have a portfolio of work to demonstrate ability
Nice to have:
- some coding experience, to help develop ways to serve up 3D models
- experience with Babylon.js
- experience with three.js or jmonkey
- experience with other 3D environments such as Unity 3D or Unreal Engine
- a passion for Football and Sport data and analytics and an up to date knowledge of players and teams within multiple leagues
If this sounds like you, then please send over your CV, Portfolio/Showreel, a covering letter explaining why you are perfect for the role, along with salary expectations and details of notice period to email@example.com with the subject Junior 3D Modeller / Animator
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
‘Working at StatsBomb’
If you think you have the passion, drive and talent to join our exciting and fast paced team, we’d love to hear from you! With excellent career development opportunities and a collaborative and diverse team environment, StatsBomb is an inspiring place to work - as described below by some of our colleagues….
“It is a class place to be and the people are phenomenal. I feel so lucky to spend everyday working with amazing technology, on fascinating projects, as part of the most entertaining industry in the world.
Statsbomb is one of those places where the company’s focus is so exciting that you want to be a part of it...some projects are totally confidential and game changing in the industry which is thrilling to be part of.
Everyday I work in collaboration with industry leaders and learn from experts pushing the boundaries of computer vision, data science and sporting analysis. I have worked in all environments from global investment banking to growing startups and the culture here is like nothing I've seen. We recruit from different cultures all around the world who feel like distant cousins - events like our conference are like a wedding party that brings everyone together!”
Chris, Senior Tech Engineer
“StatsBomb is such a fun and exciting company to work for. Working with, and learning from, diverse and intelligent colleagues in such a supportive and friendly atmosphere is amazing.”
Corinne, Project Manager
"I stepped away from my own company to work for StatsBomb. I love the company I created and the clients I worked with, but being a part of the StatsBomb family, being surrounded by the enthusiasm, the talent, the care and the support of this exciting, diverse and growing company was (and still is) completely worth it."
Kat, Lead Creative