Job Title: Junior Motion Artist/ Designer
Location: Preferably South West UK-based (commutable to Bath), but UK remote working considered. Must have a current valid UK work permit.
An amazing opportunity for a driven junior animator and designer, has arisen in the creative team of our exciting and rapidly growing company.
You will be working alongside the Creative lead in the Marketing team to storyboard and create highly engaging and on brand video content and creating graphics for social campaigns, web pages and sales collateral, among others, optimised for both online and offline consumption.
You will participate in development/strategy sessions to share new design perspectives and ideas and assist in selecting the appropriate graphic and animation styles for projects.
StatsBomb - our background
StatsBomb was founded in January 2017 to provide football data and analytics to clubs, media and gambling companies. StatsBomb continually undertake new research and are well known in the analytics industry for providing unique insights into the game. We have developed our own proprietary, industry leading data collection and analytics software with a user-friendly high-vis front end.
StatsBomb have grown from our initial team of 3 at the start of 2017 to over 150 employees based in our Head Office in Bath, UK, in the US and Egypt, and are continuing to grow and expand our operation.
- Storyboard and create video content for marketing purposes tailoring each piece for a specific audience and region
- Participate in strategy sessions across the company to help decision makers make intelligent decisions on the implementation of video and design
- Help the creative team deliver resources for ongoing campaigns and projects including print design, UI design and other collateral
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- 3 years of experience working in a similar role
- Strong video editing capabilities
- Proficient in video editing and design software. For example After Effects, Premiere Pro, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Strong creative instincts, an active imagination & the ability to translate your ideas into assets
- Drive to keep up to date with new techniques, technologies and trends to deliver cutting edge work
- Ability to comprehend and uphold brand style guidelines to produce output to match needs of business
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as you will be working with the creative lead and other key stakeholders across the company to understand project scope and objectives
- A proactive approach
- Ability to work well independently and also collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
Nice to have:
- A degree or similar qualification in a related field
- A passion for Football and Sport data and analytics and an up to date knowledge of players and teams within multiple leagues
If this sounds like you, then please send over your CV, Portfolio/Showreel and a covering letter explaining why you are perfect for the role, along with salary expectations and details of notice period to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Junior Motion Artist/ Designer
Closing Date: 10th December
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
‘Working at StatsBomb’
If you think you have the passion, drive and talent to join our exciting and fast paced team, we’d love to hear from you! With excellent career development opportunities and a collaborative and diverse team environment, StatsBomb is an inspiring place to work - as described below by some of our colleagues….
“It is a class place to be and the people are phenomenal. I feel so lucky to spend everyday working with amazing technology, on fascinating projects, as part of the most entertaining industry in the world.
Statsbomb is one of those places where the company’s focus is so exciting that you want to be a part of it...some projects are totally confidential and game changing in the industry which is thrilling to be part of.
Everyday I work in collaboration with industry leaders and learn from experts pushing the boundaries of computer vision, data science and sporting analysis. I have worked in all environments from global investment banking to growing startups and the culture here is like nothing I've seen. We recruit from different cultures all around the world who feel like distant cousins - events like our conference are like a wedding party that brings everyone together!”
Chris, Senior Tech Engineer
“StatsBomb is such a fun and exciting company to work for. Working with, and learning from, diverse and intelligent colleagues in such a supportive and friendly atmosphere is amazing.”
Corinne, Project Manager
"I stepped away from my own company to work for StatsBomb. I love the company I created and the clients I worked with, but being a part of the StatsBomb family, being surrounded by the enthusiasm, the talent, the care and the support of this exciting, diverse and growing company was (and still is) completely worth it."
Kat, Lead Creative