Lead Computer Vision Engineer
Remote (in UK, US or Egypt/Cairo)
StatsBomb was founded in January 2017 to provide data, analytics and consultancy to football clubs, media and gambling companies. StatsBomb continually undertake new research and are well known in the analytics industry for providing unique insights into the game of football. We have developed our own proprietary industry leading data collection and analytics software with a user-friendly high-vis front end.
StatsBomb have grown from our initial team of 3 at the start of 2017 to over 200 employees based in the UK, US and Egypt and are continuing to grow and expand our operation. We currently process over 300 games per week across 26 European and American leagues, with over 20 million events every day and cover more than 80 leagues globally.
We have custom built all systems for data collection and our AI driven analytics/insight platform and are currently enhancing and scaling our entire infrastructure to cater for live data collection and analytical modelling, potentially across multiple sports.
About The Role
StatsBomb is looking for a Lead Computer Vision Engineer to help make our new American football product best-in-class and continue to develop our industry-leading soccer product. This includes working on detection, tracking, and identification of players and events on the field.
- Demonstrated track record of developing and bringing to market production grade computer vision or NLP products.
- Traditional (non neural net based) CV work or familiarity.
- Experience working with either static images or video.
- Experience with developing custom deep learning models, not just pre-training them.
- Leading teams of engineers and researchers.
- Strong engineering background and the ability to plan and architect systems holistically.
- Experience with data engineering, writing unit tests, and software engineering best practice.
- Ideally some knowledge of sport, in particular soccer and American football.
- Lead a team consisting of researchers, engineers, PM(s), devops, and data labellers to accomplish the following:
- Understand problems and opportunities arising from broadcast sports video.
- Work on both prototypes and production-level computer vision systems.
- Keep abreast of computer vision research, especially in sports.
- Define research directions leading to new StatsBomb products.
- Deliver end to end products in a timely manner.
Salary: Up to £150,000 per year, based on experience
How To Apply
Please send an email to email@example.com with the subject "Lead Computer Vision Engineer" and include CV/resume and a cover letter (email body) answering the following questions:
- Why are you interested in this role?
- How do your skills fit our requirements?
- What available work do you have that helps prove your skill set?
The Application Process
- An initial phone screening.
- A take-home coding test.
- A follow-up call to walk through your test response.