Lead Computer Vision Engineer
Remote (in UK, US or Egypt/Cairo)
StatsBomb is a football analytics startup (both the soccer and American varieties!) We sell data products as well as analysis tools to sports organisations, with a tech stack that includes computer vision, machine learning, stream processing, and web-based dataviz. We count many of the biggest names in football as customers, and your work will have a direct impact on our ability to deliver insights to those customers, driving success on the field.
About The Role
StatsBomb is looking for a Lead Computer Vision Engineer to help make our new American football product best-in-class and continue to develop our industry-leading soccer product. This includes working on detection, tracking, and identification of players and events on the field.
- Demonstrated track record of developing and bringing to market production grade computer vision or NLP products.
- Traditional (non neural net based) CV work or familiarity.
- Experience working with either static images or video.
- Experience with developing custom deep learning models, not just pre-training them.
- Leading teams of engineers and researchers.
- Strong engineering background and the ability to plan and architect systems holistically.
- Experience with data engineering, writing unit tests, and software engineering best practice.
- Ideally some knowledge of sport, in particular soccer and American football.
- Lead a team consisting of researchers, engineers, PM(s), devops, and data labellers to accomplish the following:
- Understand problems and opportunities arising from broadcast sports video.
- Work on both prototypes and production-level computer vision systems.
- Keep abreast of computer vision research, especially in sports.
- Define research directions leading to new StatsBomb products.
- Deliver end to end products in a timely manner.
How To Apply
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Lead Computer Vision Engineer" and include CV/resume and a cover letter (email body) answering the following questions:
- Why are you interested in this role?
- How do your skills fit our requirements?
- What available work do you have that helps prove your skill set?
The Application Process
- An initial phone screening.
- A take-home coding test.
- A follow-up call to walk through your test response.