Remote (UK based)
Full Time Position
StatsBomb was founded in January 2017 to provide data, analytics and consultancy to football clubs, media and gambling companies. StatsBomb continually undertake new research and are well known in the analytics industry for providing unique insights into the game of football. We have developed our own proprietary industry leading data collection and analytics software with a user-friendly high-vis front end. StatsBomb have grown from our initial team of 3 at the start of 2017 to over 200 employees based in the UK, US and Egypt and are continuing to grow and expand our operation. We currently process over 300 games per week across 26 European and American leagues, with over 20 million events every day and cover more than 80 leagues globally.
About The Role
We're hiring Clojure developers to help us build out our front end visualisations, as well as handle some back end data processing. Our current tech stack includes:
- Clojure API, ClojureScript Front End, Figwheel, re-frame, ring
- Postgres databases with hundreds of millions of interesting events
- AWS, Fargate, Docker, Github Actions
- Back end Clojure systems for data migration
We're looking for people who can help us:
- Build reusable components to use across the app.
- Create interesting visualisations with our data set, using SVG or other.
- Work with our existing relational database
- Mentor junior team members
- Demonstrate and evangelise best practices in Clojure/Script and beyond
- Keep an eye on new ideas and libraries in the Clojure/Script ecosystem
- A good understanding of React would be a big help
Salary: £55,000 - £70,000 plus competitive share options package
Please email your CV, cover letter or other supporting material, salary expectations and notice period to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 'Clojurescript Engineer'. Our process involves:
- An initial phone screening (background and experience, no leetcode, honest).
- A take-home coding test.
- A follow-up call to walk through your test response.
Working at StatsBomb
If you think you have the passion, drive and talent to join our exciting and fast paced team, we’d love to hear from you! With excellent career development opportunities and a collaborative and diverse team environment, StatsBomb is an inspiring place to work - as described below by some of our colleagues….
“It is a class place to be and the people are phenomenal. I feel so lucky to spend everyday working with amazing technology, on fascinating projects, as part of the most entertaining industry in the world.Statsbomb is one of those places where the company’s focus is so exciting that you want to be a part of it...some projects are totally confidential and game changing in the industry which is thrilling to be part of.Everyday I work in collaboration with industry leaders and learn from experts pushing the boundaries of computer vision, data science and sporting analysis. I have worked in all environments from global investment banking to growing startups and the culture here is like nothing I've seen. We recruit from different cultures all around the world who feel like distant cousins - events like our conference are like a wedding party that brings everyone together!” - Chris, Senior Tech Engineer
“StatsBomb is such a fun and exciting company to work for. Working with, and learning from, diverse and intelligent colleagues in such a supportive and friendly atmosphere is amazing.” - Corinne, Project Manager
We are unfortunately unable to respond to unsuccessful applicants.
Back to Careers