West Ham 0 vs 1 Tottenham Hotspur (16th August 2014) The interesting thing about these vizs is that you can watch the clip a dozen times or more and you will see something different every time. Below are some of my thoughts on the positions that players took during the game, but I know that each viewer will have their own different take on what stands out for them.
- Until Naughton’s red card, Spurs central defenders hardly operated in the centre of the pitch
- In the lead up to the penalty (mid 20 minutes), West Ham had territorial dominance as they had virtually all their players in the Tottenham half
- After the sending off, until the 60th minute mark, Eriksen and Adebayor seemed to largely occupy the same spaces
- Townsend and Holtby both played high up the pitch after they came on.
- Collins’ sending off forced a West Hame rejig with Kouyate and Nolan both moving back a position
Click on the viz and it will open in a larger window